Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chocolate Seeker

Chocolate Seeker
      My oldest son just started potty training and our most helpful incentive has been Hershey kisses.  We started off with one every time he went potty to get the ball rolling and we are now down to one a day if we have no accidents.  Anyways, I keep Hershey kisses in stock.  Well my daughter (who is 4 1/2 and potty trained) wanted to get in on the deal too, so we are giving her one at the end of the day if she goes in the potty throughout the day (I'm hoping this will help her "holding it all day at school" issue).  Well since I have been regularly finding Hershey wrappers and chocolate mouths around the house, I decided it was time to hide them in a drawer with boring things, like phone books.  Out of sight, out of mind, right?

      This morning after peeing in the potty my sweet daughter came up to me and proclaimed that she peed in the potty and is getting a Hershey kiss.  Like any smart mom I said, "What Hershey kiss?"  To which she replied (while laughing at me), "The ones in the drawer silly!"  First I hid those while she was at school, so how did she know?!  She's turning in to quite the snooper.  Now my mom always told me about when I was a little girl.  Apparently the thing everyone remembers is that I would find the Hershey kisses no matter where they were hidden...behind things in the back of the fridge, up in a cabinet tucked away.  Now I have a very perceptive little girl, but is this chocolate seeker thing genetics?  Hmm... Like mother, like daughter?

5 comments:

  1. Ha, your daughter is too smart! Love love love your blog by the way, it turned out nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute :) I love your wording...I decided after our afternoon chat and reading your blog, you should write a book :) You are great with words and are raising 4 kids ;) Im sure you could come up with sooo much....The title Mother of Four....NO we are not Catholic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Too funny on the title and too true. How many times do people assume that about me? Only Catholics have 4 kids within 5 years after all. I'm glad you like my blog so far. I wish I had time to write a book. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent you a pic you should uplaod on this blog....it's about hershey kisses send spirits soaring :)

    ReplyDelete